Sunday, May 1, 2011

Because I wish I threw more things away...

I am taking the lead of my sister here, and chronicling a performance that I really enjoyed so I can throw the paper program away.

This was a recital in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the DMA degree in performance at Michigan State University. One of my good friends from Iowa State, Andrew Sprung had his first recital (out of two required) for his PhD in clarinet performance tonight.

All performers on the program included:

Heather Peyton, Oboe
Andrew Sprung, Clarinet
Yeh-Chi-Wang, Bassoon
Bryan Guarnuccio, Flute
Jason Gridley-Waters, Horn

I will be attaching random (not of this event) youtube videos that may expire in time (as they usually do), so feel free to search these up on Youtube if the links don't work by the time you get here.

Summer Music, Op. 31, by Samuel Barber (1910-1981)

Divertissement, by Jean Françaix (1912-1997)
Prélude & Allegretto assai

Elégie & Scherzo

Kvintet, Op. 43, by Carl Nielsen (1865-1931)
Allegro ben moderato
Menuet *This was my favorite movement - it seems to be built around 6-count segments that flow seamlessly one to the next.**
Preludium; Tema con variazioni

Enjoy! And now I will throw my program away.

No comments:

Post a Comment